Reiki & Seichim
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a a gentle, hands-on, Japanese healing treatment that promotes and supports whole health by treating the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing. The word reiki is made up of two Japanese words: Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki which is “life force energy”. Reiki is therefore a type of “spiritually guided life force energy” and is very beneficial to ease tension and anxiety, relieve pain, increase your energy levels and improve your overall wellbeing.
Reiki energy flows through the practitioner’s hands during a treatment session and is directed into the client while they are laying on a massage table or comfortably seated. While the experience varies somewhat from person to person, it provides a sensation of deep relaxation where the transformation of negative emotional states can provide feelings of increased well-being and relief from a number of emotional and physical health conditions. Alison practices several forms or reiki, and has been trained in the following modalities – Usui Reiki (a.k.a. traditional Reiki) Crystal Reiki and
What is Seichim?
Seichim is a different, but complementary form of spiritual healing to Reiki and was founded by Patrick Zeigler in 1980 after spending a night in the King’s sarcophagus chamber in the Great Pyramid of Giza. A gentle form of hands-on healing which works more on the mental/emotional level, seichim is focused on the heart chakra and can be useful in stimulating the personal development of individuals to reach their true purpose. It is an excellent modality to receive alongside Reiki or other healing moralities to help stimulate energetic shifts and break through old habits or unresourceful health states.
Who might benefit from a Reiki & Seichim session?
Reiki and Seichim are a form of gentle and transformative energy healing and a session may provide the following benefits:
- Releases stress and tension by creating deep relaxation and a deep feeling of peace.
- Clears the mind, promotes mental clarity and improves focus.
- Can accelerate the body’s self healing ability.
- Dissolves energy blocks by promoting energy flow through previously blocked chakras, nadas and meridians.
- Aids improved sleep quantity and quality.
- May help relieve pain of both acute and chronic injury, as well as post surgery or associated with various health conditions (migraine, arthritis, sciatica etc.).
- Help to maintain a state of physical and emotional balance, to enable to you process and work through past and present challenges.
What can I expect during a Reiki & Seichim healing session?
- Performed while wearing comfortable clothing, Reiki and Seichim is performed with soft and light touch (unlike massage therapies). Spiritual healing sessions are performed with the client lying on a massage table, or seated comfortably, and consists of Alison placing her hands on or near the body, allowing the healing energy to flow into the client.
- The session begins with a brief conversation regarding the client’s focus for the session (e.g. health concerns or intention for treatment) and allows for Alison to gauge the client’s energies and current situation prior to the session.
- While lying on a massage table, Alison centres herself and begins to allow healing energy to flow through her hands, utilising a series of hand positions (usually starting at the head) to direct energy towards the client’s chakras (energy centers).
- While the experience differs from person to person, generally speaking clients find healing sessions very relaxing and peaceful – this may help to alleviate stress and increase feelings of well being. Some people experience sensations of ‘floating’, being enveloped in golden or white light or feelings of cold, warmth or of being disassociated from their bodies.
- At the end of the session Alison will gently bring you back into your body and allow you to sit, and then stand at your own pace so you will not feel light-headed or disorientated. The session concludes with a brief conversation regarding any sensations you experienced as well as any insights Alison experienced during the healing.
Whick Reiki & Seichim session is right for me?